The following links include up to date details about the meeting:
Each year the Washington-BC Chapter of the American Fisheries Society hosts an Annual General Meeting (AGM). The main purpose is to gather fisheries professionals together to share their research, programs, tools, and to network! This is also a chance for non-members to meet the Executive Committee and other members to learn more about the benefits of joining our chapter. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend the business meeting luncheon to learn about the Executive Committee’s activities over the past year, status of the chapter, and plans for the future.
Want to help out? Here’s where we can always use some extra hands:
- Symposia: Do you have an idea for a symposium that you want to chair and organize?
- Fundraising: Contacting potential sponsors and collecting donations for the Silent Auction
- Entertainment: Brainstorming ideas and organizing field trips
- Trade Show: Contacting vendors and assisting with set-up
- Continuing Education: Do you want to teach something to your colleagues or know of someone who might? Help us organize some great sessions!
- On-Site organization: Including registration desk, poster/sign setup, A/V assistance, Spawning Run assistant
- Publicity: This one is everyone’s job! If you know of a great advertising avenue we may have missed, please let us know!
If you have any questions about the upcoming AGM or want to volunteer, please contact the current President-Elect (see Executive Committee members here).