Please refer to the resources below for assistance in preparing an oral or poster presentation for the WA-BC Chapter of the American Fisheries Society Annual General Meeting.
- Each speaker will have 20 minutes for presentation. Please plan your talk for 15 minutes to allow for questions and room change.
- Prepare your presentation with PowerPoint. Be sure your visuals are clear and very legible.
- Take your presentation to the breakout room to be uploaded the morning of your talk between 7:30 and 8:00 AM. Technicians will be available to assist with transferring your presentation to the laptop.
- Each parallel session room is equipped with PC computers running Windows and Microsoft Office. If you prepare your presentation on another operating system such as Mac or Linux, please ensure your file is compatible with Windows.
- Arrive in session room 15 minutes before the start of your session to introduce yourself to the session chair.
- As a speaker at the chapter AGM, please note that WA-BC Chapter makes presentations freely available on the website after the conference in PDF format. If you would like to opt OUT of this, please notify the session chair or the chapter Communications Director.
- Posters should generally not exceed 36×44 inches.
- Posters will be displayed and clipped to custom frames.
- Posters may be setup beginning Monday, March 19 at 1:30 PM.
- The poster session will occur Tuesday, March 20 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM. Presenters are expected to attend their poster for the duration of the session to present and discuss with attendees.
- Posters may be left up through Thursday March 22 at Noon.
Please refer to the AFS Guidelines for Posters for helpful tips preparing your poster.